Mountain Update - 9/27/2017
- All concrete work for the new West Side T-Bar is complete. Tower 1 of 5 has arrived on site. When the terminals and balance of towers are delivered in the coming weeks all will be installed at once. Big thank you to Steve Patten Excavation of Enfield for donating their equipment and expertise - we had to haul four Cement Mixers up the mountain with a bulldozer to pour the massive top terminal!
- The rebuilt pump house is really coming along. New snowmaking components have begun to arrive and we anticipate installation in the coming weeks. Beyond the pump's new variable speed drive, we are replacing or rebuilding all on hill valve stations. This will allow us to switch to different trails far more easily than in the past. With increased water, double the Titan 2.0 fan guns that we had last year, and our fleet of HKD low energy air/water guns, we anticipate increased coverage and faster expansion. We should be able to fire up the system in October to pressure test and “blow the mice” out.
- Many of your favorite trails that have not seen much love in the past few years are getting it this year. The crew has been hard at work getting Jawbone, Blowhole, Jonah's Revenge into great shape - clearing saplings and encroaching trees.
- Lighting repairs continue with special attention to Rib Cage, Upper Scrimshaw, Upper Face, and Ambergris - the later we anticipate bringing back after several years of being closed at night.
- There have been a number of other projects such as constructing a new back staircase, new ski patrol roof, painting, base area cleanup, etc that are less glamorous but equally as important to operations.