Uphill Travel Policy
Uphill travel by means of skinning or snowshoeing has gained popularity in recent years. Whaleback welcomes and supports our guests looking to enjoy the mountain in this manner. For the safety of our customers and employees we ask that everyone follow our guidelines. All travel is done at each individuals own risk.
- Uphill travelers should come inside the base lodge to the Customer Service desk or check with Ski Patrol to confirm if uphill travel is permitted on that day and where it is permitted. On some days there may be limited terrain and we will not permit uphill travel.
- Uphill travelers should come inside the base lodge and receive a $0 Uphill Travel ticket at the Customer Service desk.
- Uphill travel is prohibited at all times on trails where snow making and/or grooming operations are in progress.
- It is recommended that uphill travelers NOT head up within one hour of closing, and head down before closing. Headlamps/lights are also recommended after dark.
- Usage of the terrain parks is prohibited.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted on the mountain at any time (except service dogs).
- Sledding is not permitted on the mountain at any time.
There is no charge for uphill skiing at this time however a tax free donation to support our non-profit community operated facility would be appreciated.